Brochure Type: Europe Preview 2020
Travel in the footsteps of St. Paul to Greece. See the Acropolis in Athens, visit Thessaloniki and Philippi where Paul preached the Gospel. view the ruins of Corinth where he lived and worked with Priscilla and Aquila, take a three-day Greek Isles cruise and walk the streets of ancient Ephesus.
- Athens Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Acropolis and Parthenon. See the Agora, Temple of Zeus and the stadium built for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896
- Corinth Visit the market place, Temple of Apollo and the Corinth Museum with your Local Specialist. See the Corinth Canal.
- Delphi Visit Temple of Apollo, the museum and theatre with your Local Specialist
- Ephesus Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the valley side chapel where it is said the Virgin Mary spent her last days, and visit the excavation site at ancient Ephesus
- Kavala Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the archaeological site where St Paul and St Silas were imprisoned
- Meteora Visit two of the incredible monasteries and admire the Byzantine frescoes with your Local Specialist
- Mykonos Visit the island with its distinctive whitewashed houses
- Patmos Visit Chora Village and Monastery of St. John with your Local Specialist
- Santorini Visit the spectacular volcanic island
- Thessaloniki Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes a visit to St Demitrius Basilica where St Paul was buried
- 11 Buffet breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 9 Three course dinners
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (817) 731-8844 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13703827
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens: Welcome to Athens. After meeting with your Travel Director, you might like to explore the city. Tonight, join your fellow travellers for an included dinner at the hotel.Dinner|
|Day 2||Thessaloniki||Athens - Thessaloniki (3 nights): This morning, we set off on our drive to Thessaloniki in northern Greece. Tonight dinner is offerered at the hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||Thessaloniki||Thessaloniki - Excursion to Kavala: After breakfast, we enjoy a full-day excursion of Kavala, which occupies the ancient site of Philippi and Neapolis, a major archeological site near Krinides, where St. Paul and St. Silas were imprisoned after St. Paul's first sermon in what we today call Europe. We visit the Theatre, Forum, Acropolis and market square before returning to Thessaloniki. Dinner this evening will be at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Thessaloniki||Thessaloniki: Our sightseeing today takes us to St. George's Church, the Galerius Church, built to commemorate Galerius's victory over the Persians. We then visit St. Demitrius Basilica, often referred to as the most beautiful basilica in the city. It was here that the saint was imprisoned, tortured and buried. A visit to the Church of the Holy Apostles is also included. Later we continue to Berea where St. Paul and St. Silas departed after the accusations from the Jewish community. Dinner this evening will be at the hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Kalambaka||Thessaloniki - Kalambaka: An early morning departure today as we drive along the beautiful Greek coastline and through valleys to Kalambaka and Meteora. We visit two of the incredible monasteries at Meteora, perched on giant rocks above the town to admire the beautiful Byzantine frescoes and the views.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Delphi||Kalambaka - Delphi: Our destination today is Delphi - located on the slope of the Holy Mountain of Parnassos, and surrounded by a forest of pine trees. Here lies the shrine of the god Apollo. We will visit the Temple of Apollo, the Museum and the Theatre. Tonight we dine at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Amalia Delphi/Nafsika Palace Itea
|Day 7||Athens||Delphi - Athens (2 nights): We begin today with a brief visit to the medieval monastery of Osios Loukas and the Chapel of St. Barbara. Travelling via Corinth, where we visit the market place, the Temple of Apollo and the Corinth Museum. It was in Corinth that the Apostle Paul preached to the Corinthians. Crossing the Corinth Canal we continue to Athens.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Athens||Athens Sightseeing and Free Time: Today's morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Acropolis and the Parthenon. We will see the Agora, Acropolis Museum, Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, and the stadium built for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 before free time at leisure.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Mykonos||Embark Cruise - Mykonos: Transfer to the port and cruise to stunning Mykonos. Spend time discovering this island paradise with its distinctive whitewashed houses and maze of narrow cobbled streets.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 10||Patmos||Kusadasi - At Sea - Patmos: An early arrival this morning brings us to Kusadasi, Turkey. We take an excursion to Ephesus And The House Of The Virgin Mary. Visit the valley-side chapel said to be where the Virgin Mary spent her last days - officially sanctioned for pilgrimage by the Vatican. After, you'll see the excavation site of Ancient Ephesus, including where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode. Then enjoy free time in Kusadasi. Continue your cruise to the island of Patmos. Here we visit Chora village and the monastery of St. John, where you'll view the monks' dining room and main church. We'll show you the museum and the Grotto and Monastery of the Apocalypse before driving back to Scala port, where you'll enjoy free time.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 11||Santorini||Heraklion - At Sea - Santorini: Wake this morning in Heraklion on the island of Crete. A possible visit to the Mionoan Palace of Knossos. Continue to spectacular volcanic island of Santorini, explore the town or consider joining an Optional Experience to Oia and Fira. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 12||Athens||Disembark Cruise - Athens: This morning, disembark from your cruise ship before bidding farewell to your companions after a memorable pilgrimage. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply. Please ensure onward flights from Athens airport are scheduled after 11am on day of departure.Buffet Breakfast|
- Port Taxes and Gratuities: The trip price shown includes Port Taxes and Gratuities.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class